Running Mark Wardell Marketing, a Limited company founded in 2009. The company was originally focused on traditional marketing but very quickly moved to solely online / digital and then to WordPress website development.
Relocated to Manchester from West London in 2023, the focus of the business is shifting from mainly small business clients to actively seeking out and supporting more and more charities. Currently 50% of my clients are charities and the aim is to get this to 75% as the business continues to develop.
- 2009: After a couple of years of freelancing founded Mark Wardell Marketing Ltd, still going strong
- 2006: Completed MBA from London South Bank University, graduated with distinction
- 2002: started with Euro Car Parts, the UK’s biggest supplier of car parts to the automotive aftermarket. Worked as Head of Marketing for four years, and continued to freelance for them for 10 years
- 1996: first job from university. Had to work hard to get it and enjoyed my time in both Sheffield and Maidenhead giving me 6 years experience in retail services with MINIT UK as Marketing Manager
- 1993: Started my degree, graduated with a BA (Hons) in Accountancy and Finance (2:1)
Things I can help with
- Marketing advice in general
- WordPress website development
- Social media
- Online profile / brand development
- Google for small businesses
Since becoming a registered charity in 2007 (no. 1120905), Wheels for Wellbeing have worked with thousands of Disabled children and adults who face barriers to taking part in any physical activity. Informed by life-changing personal experience of disabled trustees, staff and volunteers, they are determined to show that anyone can enjoy cycling, given the right equipment, support and environment.
Abundance London harvest surplus fruit, we plant orchards, hedgerows and trees, they try and reconnect people with nature and protect it in an urban setting, they create beautiful spaces, mainly through planting but also through art.
They are a voluntary organisation with charitable aims, founded in 2010. They aim to work with local schools, volunteers, businesses, community groups and local government.
North Kensington Law Centre work in the community in West London to help people with their legal problems. We seek the best outcomes for those facing disadvantages in the areas of employment, housing, welfare benefits, immigration, criminal defence and prison law.
Chiswick Flower Market is held on the first Sunday of the month in the High Road’s market place, outside the police station. We aim to be the Columbia Road of the West, offering an exciting range of plants, flowers and horticultural products.
Chiswick High Road has many great places to eat, with vibrant boutique shops, and is within a short walk of beautiful historic parks and the River Thames.
Hammersmith and Fulham Law Centre is vibrant law centre located in central Hammersmith. They provide people in need with legal advice and representation and give support and training to other community groups. They aim to help to overcome the obstacles faced by those most disadvantaged who need access to the legal system.
Dukes Meadows Trust led the regeneration of the meadows to create a beautiful riverside park. Starting in 2000 the trust has raised over £1 million to create fabulous play areas and has planted hedgerows, wildflower meadows and an orchard to increase the bio diversity of the park. Hailed by local government magazine as a model of sustainability, the trust has established successful social enterprises that generate revenue to maintain the improvements made.